Monday, July 10, 2006

Afternoon off

A long post

Ahh...an afternoon off. Time to try putting up a little longer posting.


OK...I'm sore. We played fotsal yesterday. There was a total of 15 of us playing in rotations. Someone would get tired and sit out and someone else would replace them. Fotsal is indoor soccer played on a smaller field with a slightly smaller ball. The rest of the rules are pretty much the same. We played for 2 hours. I was goalie for one side or the other most of the time. I haven't had THAT much exercise in a LONG time. I made some really good saves but then on the other hand I let a couple really easy ones through. One I had actually caught, turned around and dropped it into the goal. D'uh! Sita played the opposite goalie most of the time. She also did well. Lisa played for a while but she was more interested in reading her book (more about this later). In the award department, Mas (sister-in-law) won the award for best woman player. Shawn won for best male player.


Aina. Lisa, and Shawn have gotten hooked on a new (well new to us anyway) book series. The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan. The first book is The Magicians Guild, second is The Novice, the third is The Highlord. (http://www.trudicanavan.com/) Aina and Lisa have finished both books 1 and 2 and are working on 3. Shawn has started on 1 and will probably finish 2 before we get home. Then I might get my chance at them.


We saw Shawn off today (July 10). Mah (Aina's mother) was sad. She was crying as he left. On the way back to Kim's house she said “I can still see his face.” * sniff * * sniff * I hope he makes it home ok. Won't know for a couple days. I'm sure he'll be fine, but still we worry.


The girls are going out tonight with Kim's girls. Not sure what they are up to. A movie I think. Of course that means we have a free night and I don't know what WE are going to do!


Tomorrow (July 11) we are headed to Penang for a couple days. See some friends, good for the soul... Ooopps sorry... song lyrics again. We will see Paman Zane (Aina's uncle and family historian) and will give him the family tree that I made. Not sure where he'll put it (it's about 10 ft long and 2 ft wide) but I think he'll be very pleased to see it. We will be there until Friday (14th).


I believe we are headed to Port Dickson this weekend with the whole family.


That takes us up to next Monday and Tuesday. Will need to do more shopping. I still want to make a trip to Jalan Imbi to pick up some cheap software.


And that takes us up to the 19th when we come home.


Time certainly flies when you are on vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home